October 24, 2012
Please take the time each week to read The Eagle Express in its entirety as this is the PTA's primary form of communication. You will receive up-to-date information about activities that are PTA and school related, after school enrichment classes, as well as many events throughout the community.
In an effort to be more environmentally conscientious and leave a smaller footprint, we will progressively be sending fewer reminders and announcements home in paper form. In addition to the Eagle Express, you can also find many useful links and information on our website www.mohrpta.org.
Thank you for helping us make our world a better place for our children.
Look What's Happening at Mohr!
30 Pizza with the Principal
31 Halloween Parade 9:30am
1 Minimum Day
2 No School - Staff Development Day
4 Daylight Savings Ends (turn back clocks)
WED:"My Future is Too Bright for Drugs"
Wear SUNGLASSES to school & join us in the morning
to sign the poster in the kindergarten playground, or
MPR if it rains.
THU: "Sock it to Drugs" - Wear MISMATCHED SOCKS.
FRI: "Show Drug Free Spirit". Wear your FAVORITE athletic or
Parents in PE Schedule
OCTOBER 24 OCTOBER 25
9:25 -10:10 Randes 5th 8:30 - 9:15 Haarsma 4th
10:10 -10:55 Carrolan 4th 9:15 -10:00 Dixon 3rd
10:55 -11:40 Britto 4th 10:55 -11:40 Sears 3rd
12:25 -1:10 Whitworth 3rd 1:10 - 1:55 Nunemacher 1st
1:10 -1:55 Wilcox 5th
2:05 - 2:50 Kumar 5th
10:10 -10:55 Barker/Blaine 2nd
10:55 -11:40 Brooks 1st
10:55 -11:40 Beard 2nd
12:25 -1:10 Stanford 1st
In order to showcase our diversity at the fair,
we need a few parents from each cultural group to join us and help with planning. The deadline to nominate countries is October 28th.
If you wish to participate, have any ideas, or
Wednesday, October 31st
We will parade around the park and later move on to the classrooms for instruction.
Students that wish to participate in the costume parade must:
- Dress in costumes at home BEFORE coming to school.
- Wear costumes that can be worn over regular school clothes. There will be no time to change.
- Bring a bag to school to keep costumes in after the parade.
- Mark all parts of the costumes with the student's name to identify them in case of loss.
- No students shall be allowed to call home to get costumes before the parade.
Appropriateness of Costumes & Rules:
- Costumes should not be of a violent, gory, or messy nature. This includes fake blood, colored hairspray, dyes, facial make-up, or other potentially messy items.
- Costume props such as guns, spears, and swords are not allowed.
- If masks are worn, they should provide adequate vision for the wearer to walk safely.
- Costumes and masks that depict the results of violent acts, or unnecessarily grotesque images, are not allowed.
As in all activities at the school, if religious, cultural or personal beliefs do not allow a child's participation, parents may opt to keep students home until the costume parade is completed, or we will provide a place for non-participants to stay during that time. If you have any questions, feel free to contact your child's teacher.